parseInt()Looks for the next valid integer in the incoming serial stream. parseInt() inherits from the Stream utility class. In particular:
- Initial characters that are not digits or a minus sign, are skipped;
- Parsing stops when no characters have been read for a configurable time-out value, or a non-digit is read;
- If no valid digits were read when the time-out (see setTimeout()) occurs, 0 is returned;
Z-Uno also supports UART0, UART1 communication — Serial0.perseInt(), Serial1.parseInt() Serial.parseInt(lookahead)
skipChar used to skip the indicated char in the search. Used for example to skip thousands divider.
lookahead: the mode used to look ahead in the stream for an integer. Allowed data types: LookaheadMode. Allowed lookahead values:
- SKIP_ALL: all characters other than digits or a minus sign are ignored when scanning the stream for an integer. This is the default mode.
- SKIP_NONE: Nothing is skipped, and the stream is not touched unless the first waiting character is valid.
- SKIP_WHITESPACE: Only tabs, spaces, line feeds, and carriage returns are skipped.
ignore: used to skip the indicated char in the search. Used for example to skip thousands divider. Allowed data types: char.
long : the next valid integer